Monday, April 27, 2009

Resident Evil 5 demo

Let's get this off the plate first: I hate Resident Evil games. There I said it. I've hated them since I first played them on the PSX or Game Cube (can't remember which).

So RE5?

Basically you have a guy that can't walk and shoot at the same time, who's aiming speed is comparable to the movement speed of molasses in the dead of winter. Then you have his partner; a woman that is dumber than a rock and who'd you like to kill more than the bio-zombies after your sweet brains.

Oh, and my pet peeve - ammo. I mean, you have obvious gun toting lunatics who go into Africa carrying less ammo than Olympic ski shooters in a competition. What's with that? In all RE games!?

Come to think of it; maybe you have so little ammo because the inventory system is a goddamn nightmare! Not only is it unwieldy, slow and unintuitive - it's realtime. So good luck on mucking about with the controller while a zombie is chewing your damn leg off!

Verdict: BLAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean...