Tuesday, April 28, 2009

MTW2: Third Age mod



Wow.

That's all I can say. Some people have too much time on their hands - which is good. This makes me think about ordering MTW2 Gold (the mod requires the Kingdoms -expansion).

Just, wow...

Link to the mod release thread.
(Pictured above: dwarven units going after orcs. Below: Mûmak charge against Rhun infantry. Images borrowed from the screenshot thread.)


Edit:
So I took a ride to the local game store after lunch. You know, one of those small dungeon-like places where the sales clerk looks like a goblin and smells funny. I found a copy of MTW2 Gold for 18 euros.

Installing it reminded me why I hate original, bought, PC games so much; first thing the game did after I inserted the first DVD was to inform me that I'm a bad person because I have Daemon Tools installed and that I wouldn't work.

Thankfully the "workaround" (as suggested by the SecuROM website for Fallout 3) was to open the DVD and run the setup.exe manually.

Oh, joy. I can't wait to run the game for the first time (it probably won't work) and then apply the no-cd patch from GameCopyWorld (thankfully, they're still around...).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean...