Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Gaming rig: continued

I've finally settled the new system in and it's actually on the table and all. ;)

I also added a new monitor: a 24" Benq Led display (G2420HBDL). Very satisfied with the price / performance ratio (at 189 euros here); the image is crisp and clear, there's enough brightness (so much so that I toned it down to 25/100 setting) and, what's really important to me, it's a matte panel display. I don't have to look at my own face or the ceiling light while playing. Also, no dead / stuck pixels and nothing else to complain (yet ;) ).


The 5770 was a slight disappointment on the memory side of things; all I could get out of it stable was 1325MHz (1200MHz default). The core is running at 950MHz (850 default) and still seems to have room for more.

With the CPU at default speed the system gives a pretty standard ~11000 3D mark score in Vantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean...