Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Long time no blog...

Wow... What's been happening?

Not much, really.

On the gaming front I got into Guild Wars 2 for a bit, then got fed up with it's downward spiraling economy, then tried the free version of Star Wars: The Old Republic and actually got a month's sub scription after a couple of free months. (Yes, the story is OK, the game itself very "so-so" MMOG).


On console front; still have to complete Hitman: Absolution and Assassin's Creed 3 (not to mention an old used copy of Max Payne 3 I haven't even put into my PS3 yet).

I wish I had more time, but between work, kids, etc I barely have time to do "more important things" like build myself a new NAS;
old one is a 10TB (5x 2TB w/RAID1 and rsynced backups) FreeNAS server with a X2 3800+ CPU and 1GB RAM that sorely needs replacing so I bought a i3 3225, an Asrock B75 mobo with 8 SATA connectors, 8GBs of RAM and a new WD RED 3TB drive to facilitate the transfer.

I'm still undecided on the OS - I'm open to Open Indiana (pun intended) or FreeNAS or NAS4Free (I actually installed an Ubuntu 12.10 and cloned my, err... "other" server there, but I'm not too happy with it - I feel 12.04 LTS is better, but it lacks the easy encrypted install that 12.10 has)...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean...