Monday, September 14, 2009

Free gaming: Dungeons & Dragons Online goes "Free"


Or should I say "Dungeons & Dragons Online Online", as most people use "DDO Online"? :P

Anyways, if you're seeking for a MMORPG hit and you're low on money or like me, you're a avid pen & paper DnD player, check DDO out.

I tried the beta in 2006, but it didn't grab me. But as it's free now, I thought "what the heck". I wasn't disappointed.

Though leveling is a bit slow (probably because of level 20 being the max, like in your average DnD campaign without Epic Levels), the game seems pretty fun - and most important to me, soloing seems OK.

Now what the "free" means; no customer support and people who pay (monthly, or at least for the one-time license like buying the Stormreach DVD version) get to cut you in log-in lines.

Fine by me, as far as they don't skimp on the content or make the paying customers "Über" (well, selling +50% experience gain potions for real money in the Turbine shop might be considered twinking someone to become über faster, but who cares).


You can create an account and download the game, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean...