Monday, June 1, 2009

Movies: The Day My Brain Stood Still

Or: The Day The World Stood Still

This is one of the few movies that made Jennifer Connely look... well... "average". I guess that's the word I'm looking for. Usually she's hotter than a black leather seat in summer heat - now she just looked OK. I guess she's getting older too (which I don't mind, being an old fart myself now.)

Come to think of it: this movie's only reason for being seemed to be that it made both it's stars look old. Keanu Reeves looked like Matti Nykänen - someone who's passed his best days and had quite a few drinks while taking the ride.


As for the movie, I tried to like it but just felt that it was mediocre. Illogical at points and depressing in the end. And it even had the token minority representative who was actually cast in the "annoying kid that causes several thousand people to die because he delays the hero / heroine". Mostly I just felt that someone should shoot the kid in the head and let us out of our misery...

I guess I'd rate it 6/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean...